Can your smart home get hacked in Raleigh? The short answer is "rarely”. A smart home system from a leading provider like Vivint uses high-level encryption and other techniques like IP address masking to prevent a breach of your system. Only a few advanced online offenders with an abundance of time, patience, and luck will be successful. Hackers normally prey on easier targets and a home security system isn't typically on an experienced criminal’s to-do list.
The ways Vivint safeguards you from smart home hackers in Raleigh
Vivint makes installing your residential security and home automation devices simple by using wireless components. However, the absence of wired connections might equate to a bit more apprehension about cyber-security. Fortunately, Vivint components have powerful protections designed to frustrate hackers. Here are some examples of how Vivint deters criminal activity:
● High-level encryption standards: Supposedly, 1024-bit encryption might be cracked, but it will take a massive amount of effort and time to get through. The preponderance of thieves are not going to spend the time, energy, and money to get through this type of defense.
● Masked IP addressing:It’s certainly challenging to hack devices you are unable to detect. Vivint takes pride in keeping your smart home isolated by disguising the IP to the rest of the world.
● Keeps your security updated: Your home defense package should strive to be prepared for any new hacking techniques by sending out frequent software and firmware updates.
Additional methods to help protect your Raleigh smart home from being hacked
While Vivint offers the latest in modern devices that are equipped with advanced, built-in security, your day-to-day habits are vitally important to keep your smart home well defended.
● Passwords shouldn’t be easy to guess: Make sure you use a password that is difficult or nearly impossible to guess for your smartphone security app and Wi-Fi connections. A random string of characters are a smarter choice than going with something personal like a birthday or child’s name. As a general rule, the longer it is, the harder it is to crack. Also, make sure you change your passwords periodically.
● Don’t share passwords: Always keep your security app and Wi-Fi passwords out of the wrong hands. When you need to provide a guest a code for your front entry lock, assign a temporary key code. Your neighbors or friends can then keep an eye on your residence per your instructions, and then won’t have access when the code’s lifespan runs out.
● Inspect your settings regularly: You may be the one to find something is amiss with your home’s security. If you sense something unusual, inspect your smart home settings by using your smart hub or mobile app. If something is out of whack, switch out your passwords immediately.
Enjoy a secure smart home today from Vivint!
The surefire way to ensure the safety of your smart home is to select a company like Vivint. Our components are equipped with proven internet security safeguards that make them a major challenge to hack. Contact (919) 899-2155 or complete our form on this page to chat with our Vivint professionals and customize your secure smart home.