Online ordering and daily shipments have become a way of life for many homeowners. You enjoy the benefit of having packages left in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels sitting in the open are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a significant problem, but you are able to do something about it by getting a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a moment to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely be a crucial part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Raleigh video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, talk to people at your door, and get real-time alerts whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to find out how a Raleigh video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various benefits it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t find this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring theft with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the surface below. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear images any time of day: What’s the benefit of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and difficult to see? The best models will give you incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You can get automatic alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your main entry? Reciprocal audio allows you to ask why they’re there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to frighten off people loitering around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will allow you to cut down on false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the option to view real-time and saved video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you may interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have turned into difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.