Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Raleigh smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total command of your Raleigh home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Raleigh do for you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular capability for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can perform:
- Check real-time or saved video streams from any connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Raleigh by implementing schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the security system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Raleigh
Although various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, choose email or phone and provide the info to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Raleigh smart home. Dial (919) 899-2155 to get started.